Exercises

Friday, July 13, 2012

DAY 1 on the Total Lean Shake by GNC



I'm an on the go woman. I have a family, a 45 hr a week, sometimes traveling, career. I sit at a desk almost 9 hours a day. EEK. Nutrition and making sure I have my nutrition correct is something that is always stressing me out. If I'm not thinking about my waist line, I'm worried about what I ate, what I have to eat, shopping for it, (continued rant).

Fed up with the cycle of insanity, I decided to give GNC Total Lean shake a go. I wasn't into doing the whole program, maybe in the future but as for now the shake is fine.

Last week, I picked up the "Chocolate Swiss" Total Lean Shake at Rite Aid. Thanks to my nifty Gold card and the 20% wellness discount I get, I picked it up for about $22.00.

I decided to replace 1 meal per day with shake. This is my journey.



Start weight: too fucking fat. So we'll say size: 12.

Height: 5'9.

Activity Level: 3-4 times a week, 1-2 hr sessions, cardio + weights.

Since I started my journey a week ago, but, just started this blog, I will put in my days up to today in multiple entries, so ignore the date posted and pay attention to the titles.






DAY 1: Friday, July 6th, 2012.

I decided to mix the shake w/ water the first day. I was at work and was mixing it into a cup w/ water. The texture was THICK. I think it was the first time I've ever chewed a drink. The taste wasn't half bad, but, the texture was new to me. During the day it caused bloating, but, went away a few hours later. I felt pretty good, and made it to lunch eating very little. That night, we did take out. I had originally ordered stuffed peppers, but, the cook had messed up and I ended up with Chicken Parm. It was great, but, I ate very little of it. I'm not a fan of white pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Young Working Mom. (It sounds creepy to call you that, but I don't know your real name from these blog posts.) I'm a 40 year old male that is looking to add to my workout benefits by cutting down the "beer fat in my stomach". (Stupid fraternity in college in the mid 90's!) So, I was researching some products from GNC that might help me accomplish this and I stumbled across your blog. I just want to thank you for your insight and your incredibly witty style of writing! You've got F'n skills!! Anyway,thanks for the info and good luck with your fitness. Cheers! Mike in CA

    ReplyDelete