Exercises

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 41: Thick like pudding

My 41st day on the GNC  Total Lean system and I've been drinking the 25 for a little bit now. I have to say my experience with the 25 isn't as great is with the regular GNC shake. I feel like my weight loss has slowed down a bit and I feel as if I'm hungrier more often. My exercise has been pretty consistent.

I feel heavier on the 25...like more dense. I feel as if the shake bloats me and I think that has to do with the increase in protein. Most of the time to increase the amount of protein in a supplement they'll increase the whey or the soy. I'll have to check the product's ingredients list to see if there's an increase in whey as that may be the contributor to my problem.

I don't do well on whey products--- they slow me down, bloat me out, and hurt my stomach. I think it's because I have a slight lactose problem, not complete intolerance but enough to realize it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.

I also find that I don't like wheat products all that much either, that those too hurt my stomach, like if I eat too much bread or pasta made from wheat. I do much better on rice based or oat based. I really don't want to be a gluten free - dairy free yuppie but I think my body is forcing me too.

Gosh, take away my peanut butter, my milk, and my bread. You'd think peanut butter jelly sandwiches has a vendetta against me.

But, you have to eat what you recognize is the most beneficial to you. You start to make changes when you realize what kind of results food has on your body as a whole, not just your waist line.

For instance, I like skim milk now because again no stomach pains...less heavy of a milk, less toll on my stomach. I've began to drink it now instead of 1%. Never thought I'd see the day THAT happened. I also eat Almond butter instead of peanut butter...sure it breaks the bank and I do miss it, but I couldn't take the chance of a severe allergic reaction even if it is just canker sores I get now.

As for this 25 stuff, I won't be getting it again next month. I'm going to switch back to the Swiss chocolate. Can't say I didn't try.

No comments:

Post a Comment