Exercises

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 37: Thoughts

Are you like me, always thinking about the future but rarely taking the time to feel and live in the "now". I find myself thinking of my life in future tense---- when I have that house I want, that body I want, and ignoring where I am and who I am now. I feel that this puts an enormous amount of pressure on me to perform my best all the time. Not giving myself time to breath, take time for myself, and love who I am right this very moment.

How do we live in the now when we're constructed to plan, plan, plan. I planned for where I am years ago but still unaccepting of it. I want the future so bad that I never even recognize it when it happens, possibly because I've forgotten what it was I wanted at that moment I planned.

I want to be thinner-----I am a woman right? But do I reward myself and be happy for the little achievements along the way or do I see it as unsatisfying because I haven't arrived where I want to be yet? I always say slow and steady wins the race but that doesn't mean I'm not constantly thinking about the finish line.

I want to take one day at a time. Sure, I have my long term goals, but, I also feel that I'm missing out on a lot in my life by constantly thinking about later. Later means I'll be dead, right now means I'm young and alive and I want to enjoy the journey I'm taking right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment