Exercises

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 76: You're miserable because you're fat

 

I had this epiphany the other day as I was getting into the shower at the gym. As I stood there thinking about my life and the way the last month or so has been barreling down on me, this thought popped into my head:


"You're miserable because you're fat." 


Either that's true or it'd be a great title for a self-help book.

I thought about it more --- it's true of course, but there's a paradox there. "You're fat because you're miserable."

We can take from this thought that fat is a problem, clearly, but in order to fix the problem, you need to find the problem.

I'm sure most of you are thanking Captain Obvious right now, but, I think I'm going somewhere with this.

I think that when we allow ourselves to get fat through our misery we're enabling ourselves to be miserable.

I'm miserable because I'm fat.


Does be thin or as I like to say "physically fit in a size 7" fix all your problems? Of course not, money does. LOL...but, it can't hurt.


Anyway, my switch back to the Swiss has been a plus. I have more energy, I feel fuller longer, and I feel like I'm on the path to greatness again! Also, going back through my logs here, I could also say "I'm miserable because I'm drinking this bullshit 25" My weight loss last month net zero. Might have even had a surplus. I'm not about to step on a scale until next month once I get myself through this bottle of Swiss.

I read the slip that comes with the shake---diet/exercise plan. They say you should drink the shake 2 a day. Right now I'm only at 1 a day. I'm not so sure I want to drink it twice a day. I'm certain I'll lose weight that way but I am looking for a life style change. Now, before my wedding whenever that will be I'll be drinking that shake 2 a day! Got to look good for the camera, right?

My exercise routine is going good. I ran 2 miles 3 times last week so 6 miles. Yesterday I ran a mile, (1) but instead of running 1/4 and walking 3/4, I ran 1/2 and walked 1/2. That's what the routine I'm using says to do. Technically I went against the grain last week by doing 2 miles.

I'm going to think long and hard about a workout time schedule to and try to stick with it. I think when I leave it up to myself to decide "Am I going this morning or tomorrow or tonight" waking up, that's a bad thing to do. It'll leave way too much room for the early morning decisions---most of which are "go back to sleep now deary".

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for supporting me on my journey. I've had some great feedback from people saying I've motivated them into taking the next steps, etc. Thanks to the person who said I have "fkn skills!" with my writing. If I come out with my self help book, "You're miserable because you're fat", I expect you to buy it. :)

Cheerio for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment